Monday 21 February 2011

London Fashion Week has begun!

Mulberry Autumn/Winter 2011/12

I always find myself looking at the Mulberry collection first. I love that the fashion house values the English heritage and always looks to it for inspiration. This collection has been inspired by the thoroughly English novel; The Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl.
Compared to past collections, (for example Autumn/Winter 2009/10) this collection isn’t the most exciting one for me. Emma Hill, Creative Director for Mulberry later said at the show,
"It's not necessarily making a statement".
Fair enough!
However the clothes still have a certain quirk and 'it' girl appeal in my opinion.








"She's very English. She's got a dilapidated, stately home. She's got her long party dress on and throws on a duffel coat to pop out for a cigarette."
This is how Emma Hill describes this seasons Mulberry Muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment